top of page

Presentation of our guest house

The history of the house

This farm is mentioned as early as 1556 in the archives of the Confrérie de Saint-Nicolas, where it is spelled "Perbost".

 

It is cited in 1744 in the deliberations of the body of the City as a "cabaret", controlled during the "wine visit to the cabarets of Bourdallat". 

The building probably dates from the Ancien Régime, but it has since been greatly altered.

 

It is represented on the cadastral plan of 1835; the matrix indicates that it was then in the possession of Dominique Etchevers, also owner of the Houga houses et bidau.

Attached to the house, a barn with hayloft was built in 1860, according to the date engraved on the clasp of the gate.

A resumption in the masonry of the rear part and the development of an access ramp to the hayloft, probably correspond to the 1960s. 

The house was remodeled in the 1990s, particularly on its east elevation.

This farmhouse built above the road to Pessarou, along the Lassarrade district, is made up of two parts: the initial farmhouse to the east, which has been greatly altered, and a second part backing onto the west, with a higher roof.

The main elevation to the east under the gable presents heterogeneous openings, in concrete, bricks or stones.

 

The west part opens on the south side by a semi-circular carriage entrance with vintage.

 

The relief on the west side allows direct access to the hayloft upstairs.

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
bottom of page